Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day Forty Nine

P90X on the road! Not sure I should be doing this, since every time I rope family into doing a workout with me they are sore for a week and hate me for a month. :) This time it was my mother-in-law (MIL.) Now I am blessed with a peach of a MIL, and she proved it by being a good sport about Kenpo. She kept up, too. (At least most of the way!) Kenpo seems to get my heart rate up higher than Cardio, so it isn't for the faint of heart or timid of spirit. You're working the whole time.
     Speaking of my in-laws...they are my example for "being there." Whether their sons, their daughters-in-law, their neighbors, or random misplaced teens, they consistantly show up. Physically if possible, in spirit if the car blows up. (Hypothetically speaking.) Know anybody in your life that has "shown up" for you? Stick a note in the mail. Ring 'em on the phone. Say "thanks." And then decide you'll show up for others.
~Stick to it! 

1 comment:

  1. My love for you is not daunted by the reality that I have been whimpering whenever I move for a couple of days. The work out felt SO good. I love punching and kicking imaginary people. I maybe wouldn't even have to think to long to imagine who I was imaginarily kicking. I felt like I could keep up pretty well for my first time on Kenpo...thinking all that elliptical work is paying off. I'm guessing punching and kicking the air requires different muscles than an elliptical workout. And I will not blame you, DIL, because maybe those aches and pains are from more than usual sugar over the weekend, moving 85 paving blocks into the place I dug for them, painting a wall, or riding a lawn mower lickety split over a very rough lawn. They just happen to be the same, exact muscles used in Kenpo?!! Stick to it...yes, when I pinched you on the side of your back, you were definitely buff! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete