Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day Thirty Two

I may not be a fan of the whole reincarnation/"circle of life" bit, but there is something to be said for cyclical experiences. Today, I barely made it through Back & Biceps, my new least-favorite workout. (Especially since I haven't done Legs & Back yet this week!) Ever heard of Corn Cob pullups? You should be grateful. Haul your sorry tush up there (or in my case mostly up there with the assistance of a exercise band and a jump from the bottom) then hold yourself at top height while moving your face over to your right hand, back straight across to your left hand, coming back to center, pushing straight out from the bar, coming back in...now release and slowly lower your body to hang from the bar. Now repeat! If you excuse the poor form and lack of completely clearing the bar, I did about four. (Ok, barely made it to three, tried another and collapsed. Does that still count? I was afraid that's what you were going to say.)
     After the stellar work yesterday on Cardio, it was a bit of a deflation. Not only that but I skipped Ab Ripper and still barely made it to work on time. Then, a combination of a forgotten cell phone (don't ask), blown car fuse, stuck car windows, predicted downpour, and the temptation of a bonfire and hotdogs mean that I spent the night at my folks and never made it home to finish the workout. (Plus, I'm not even sure hotdogs have enough actual meat in them to count as a serving of protein.)
     When they say life has it's ups and downs, what they really mean is life goes up and down and up and down and up and down and up and...you get the picture. If you aren't headed toward something good, you're headed toward something bad. Which is logical, but sometimes unfortunate. Therefore, if you are in an Up, enjoy it! And if you are in a Down, take comfort in its limited life span. This, too, will pass.
~Stick to it!

2 comments:

  1. Is this the car that had the aged candy in it? Hmmm. I guess we made sure to take all the fuses...and left the candy for you. Hope you got it all going again! Hot dog roasting weather. Wooo-hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you left the candy and the fuses. This was the one that came with a complimentary rap CD collection. :)

    ReplyDelete