Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day Three

The first test: spent half the day away from home. This in itself was a challenge - I had to get up extra early in order to do the whole "Shoulders & Arms" plus "Ab Ripper X" plus eat breakfast (which, prior to August 1st, I typically skipped) plus do all I needed to do to be able to be gone the rest of the day.
     But overall, I did ok. I packed my snack, along with extra water bottles. I resisted the temptation to grab a frappecino for the drive. At the supper restaurant, I carefully ordered to match my allotted portions - no alcohol, no dessert. I was surprised at how easy it was to find something to order. An 8oz tenderloin was 2 portions Protein (plus 2 extra ounces, but I wasn't about to ask the chef to chop off 2 oz, he might get offended!) A side of cottage cheese = 1 Dairy. A house salad finished me off with 1 Fat, 1 Extra, and 1 Vegetable.
     I didn't even stumble when we stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home. I needed to use the restroom anyway - no need to spend all that time waiting in line drooling over the lucious menu of sin. :) Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but maybe not. The mindset permitting cheating on a diet needs disciplined just like the mindset permitting cheating in other areas, though consequences are less severe.
     I did succumb to a handful of dark cherries. What does that imply about my character? I won't waste sleep on it. Most likely the difference is the conviction that cherries are not equal to ice cream.
     Anyway, My Better Half (MBH) is done with "Shoulders & Arms" (he is behind, I'm somewhat smug) so it's "Yoga X" for me.
     ~Stick to it! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh great one,
    An amazing effort to start a Pro90DayTorture regimen of exercise, change of eating habits, and adding on a blog. You know how to dive in, don't you? If you are half as successful on your exercise/diet regimen as you are blogging you will be able to add buff and brawny to your brain-i-ness. I'm afraid you will be carrying a little extra weight with you as your BH has the same tendencies as his mother to start strong and move into the fade away phase too soon.

    Love your blog almost as much as I love you!
    E.Jane

    ReplyDelete