Monday, October 18, 2010

Day Seventy One

Last day EVER to do Chest and Back/Ab Ripper! (At least until I decide how to continue to use P90X as an ongiong fitness program.) To honor it's passing, I went back and read the blog entry from the first time I did it. I can clearly state that things have changed since seventy one days ago. Back then, I was using the chair to help with pullups. (This allows you to use your legs to get up, making it much easier.) Now I am down to a one loop band assist. I suspect that in another twenty days, I just might be able to do a whole chinup without any help at all. Back then, Ab Ripper had eleven moves, twenty five reps each. I could do eleven moves, about ten reps each, taking a break every three reps! Now, I can do the whole workout, start to finish, even doing the advanced version of some of the moves. Never thought I'd get there!
      Back then, I was constantly thinking about the diet. Now, I occasionally think about trying to eat somewhat close to the diet. This change would not be considered an improvement. I was discussing my lack of spare tire loss with my pro bono personal trainer (brother.) Unfortunately for my argument, he also reads this blog. His comment? "There were an awful lot of cheat days in that blog!" Which is true, to my embarassment. Although I have gotten stronger, fat loss requires not only higher metabolism, but also lower empty caloric intake. I only have the first part down.
     Still, I'm encouraged to be able to start closing off workouts. My Better Half asked me if I am still enjoying P90X. My answer is yes - I'm glad we did it. But it is nice to see the end in sight.
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment