Friday, October 22, 2010

Day Seventy Five

It's beginning to look promising! With Legs & Back/Ab Ripper out of the way this afternoon, I just might actually for once during this whole ninety days - get all my workouts in on the right days! (Maybe I got it right the very first week, but other than that, I think I've always been off somewhere in the week.) Part of it has to do with my schedule: M/W/F I have more time available, so they make better lifting days. Tuesday I have to "hop to" in order to even have a mere hour open for Cardio.
     I think post-P90X I will lift M/W/F and do Cardio or walking Tu/Th/Sat. This would put my day of rest/X Stretch on Sunday (instead of Saturday, as currently) which is probably more theologically correct anyway! :) Of course, the other reason why I've been off-schedule most of the time is that life tends to get in the way of plans. Sometimes you're sick, or away from home, or have company, or discover different priorities. Pretty sure that won't change in a week or two. Although my goal is to keep exercising six days a week, I doubt it will happen very often. But, in a couple weeks, it won't matter! "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are...off P90X." (Romans 8:1, paraphrased)
     In fifteen days, my life may look fairly similar to what it does now. I still plan to exercise daily and watch what I eat. (At least as much as I do now!) But the motivation will be different. No longer the law of a program, but the grace of a desire to do what's good for me and those around me. My spiritual life may look the same as that of one who lives by the "rules" of Christianity, but the motivation is different. I don't have to earn God's favor, or my place in heaven - I'm free to follow what God says is good for me and for those around me. What a blessing to not have to "get it right."
~Stick to it!

1 comment: