Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Seventy Four

As the end approaches, I begin contemplating if I will continue with the DVD's once the 90 days is over. Fortunately, I still have sixteen days remaining to contemplate. Some days, I could see this becoming a routine (slightly adjusted for real life, of course!) Others, like today (Yoga X) I swear I'm gonna be done and never look back.
     However, I do have to admit, even Yoga has proven more practical than I expected. For example, our washing machine needs some remedial attention. So today I pulled it out (Thanks to Back & Biceps that I could even move the beast in the first place!) to look things over. (Do we really need to call a repairman? Really?) Of course, the laundry corner is such that (without unhooking all the water, etc) I have to climb over the top and behind the washer to access the back panel. But it was disgusting back there. Dirt, dead spiders, random round no-longer-indentifiable candies...nasty. No way am I climbing back there without cleaning it first.
     Problem. Can't clean back there without climbing back there. Can't climb back there without cleaning it first. Yoga X to the rescue! There's about a foot of space between the washer and dryer. A little standing splits/half moon pose bends me double in the gap so I can scrub the floor!
     (Actually, it was quite a process. First, I had to sweep from the top down to purge all spiderwebs and dust bunnies. Then scrub all the hoses and panels with a hot rag and vinegar so that I could even THINK about putting my face anywhere near them. Third, resweep everything the rag knocked down. Then scrub as much of the floor as I could reach by doing X Stretch through the washer/dryer gap while seated on the floor. Did I mention I also had to move everything else out of the laundry/storage corner so I even had room to move the washer out in the first place? Why do I have so much stuff?)
     Next, to climb back there (Multiple times, I might add. It's like squats, only with hoses and cords in the way.) and analyze the situation!
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment