Monday, September 13, 2010

Day Thirty Six

"Also keep in mind that the body only builds muscle while at rest. So try to get at least seven hours of sleep - which should be easy, because this schedule will wipe you out." -P90X Fitness Guide (FG), p.24
     If workouts minus sleep equals muscle stagnancy and poor performance, then if no sleep, then what? Should I not workout because without sleep it won't do much good anyway? Apparently that's my current philosophy because this weekend was a good one for activities, not so much a good one for sleeping.  Anybody who thinks that it's easy to get seven plus hours of sleep for ninety nights in a row must not mind the life of a hermit for three months. Skipping socializing is not our style, however, so sleep suffered. The domino effect carried through to exercising. Although there were a few places where I had a time slot open, I was too worn out to work out. 
     My uncle asked, "What happens after the ninety days are up?" Some of the diet concepts we hope to retain. Low fat, low sugar, high protein, high veggie. But just not so consumed with how many servings of whatever we're getting. I plan to continue working out regularly. I've enjoyed semi-regular exercise most of my adult life. I miss the challenge when it's absent. But seven days a week, an hour and a half a day is not reasonable with our lifestyle. I'd like to aim for six days a week, between thirty and sixty minutes a day. And if I miss a day, I miss a day.
     "To maintain...you can do just the first round of the resistance programs, since you get eighty percent of the benefit...during the first set...This can cut the time...to under thirty minutes..." - FG, p. 34
~Stick to it!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment