Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day Twenty Four

Core Synergistics...(or something like that, I'm not entirely sure as to the correct spelling, much less the proper way to execute all the exercises.) In a nutshell, working torso muscles (fortunately not just a fancier name for Ab Ripper!) and performing moves that work multiples muscle groups simultaneously (Yes! Now instead of isolated body parts in pain, they can hurt in unison! Isn't that nice.)
     In all fairness, it wasn't too bad. If someone wanted a regular workout to cover all the bases, but only take an hour three times a week, this could be it. First time we'd tried this routine, so I was dreading it - fearing another Yoga marathon. But I still had some energy at the end. (Of course, some of that was from smug-ness adrenaline - I was a smige better than My Better Half, quite a rarity!)
     Another first for today - hauled the miso soup out of the deep freezer. I hate to see expensive food go to waste. Even if I don't like it. And what do you know? Add some arrowroot powder to make a gravy, dump in some ground beef, pour it over rice and peas, and voila! Pretty edible. Still won't make the Top Ten Favorite Foods Ever list, but I would eat it again. (And I'll have to, cause there's still a half a bag of miso soup left. Plus the two-thirds can of miso paste still biding it's time in the bottom shelf of my fridge. Did I mention that 3 tablespoons of miso makes a GALLON of soup! Who knows? Maybe it will make the Top Ten by the time it's gone!) 
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment