Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day Fifty Five

Core Synergystics might be an all-around great workout, but that is precisely what I don't like about it! Too much work! Never using more than a 2.5 pound weight, my arms still felt like lead by the end of it. At least, that's how the saying goes. I haven't ever lifted a solid block of lead before, so I'm not sure exactly how heavy that is. If I were to compare it to something more within the realm of my experience, I might say that my arms felt like they were pianos. My brothers, who have moved pianos (mostly mine) enough to know, would say that is heavy indeed. The last time they moved mine, I had to bake them EACH a pie in payment.
     After all that work resulting in so much exhaustion, it's always nice to watch a movie. One I enjoyed recently (courtesy of Netflix) was "The Tooth Fairy" starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. It was funny! Decently clean. A hockey player who had his childhood dreams quashed is passing on the cynicism to the next generation. This results in big trouble with the Tooth Fairy squad, the end of which is his two week assignment as a tooth fairy for some attitude rehabilitation. HIs new career takes some...getting used to, even once he receives his proper uniform. (Not the pink tutu one!) Major challenges, but some perks, too. Shrinking paste, dog bark mints, Cat-Away, and amnesia dust, which causes recipients to forget the last few minutes of their life. Very handy. Fortunately, the movie doesn't get too caught up in the bling. After he completely ruins his relationship with his girlfriend and her kids, he has to get them back the normal way - by apologizing. I was waiting for the amnesia dust! Side note - pretty sure Dwayne wouldn't have much trouble with Core Synergystics. So maybe someday I won't either. It's a nice dream! (Except that I never want to be that huge. It looks uncomfortable!)
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment