Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day Fifty One

If there is one thing I feel fairly confident in, it is my ability to give my muscles ample time to recover from any possible, real, imagined, or slightly likely strain. It's only day two of recovery week two and I feel well rested. :) I did do Yoga this morning, but my plans to make up a Cardio this evening went askew due to the pressing need to make My Better Half (MBH) his birthday brownie.
     I know - brownie is decidedly NOT on the P90X food list, however, special occasions call for special exceptions. (We believe in having lots of special occasions in this family! At least two per week, I think!) Also, I compromised by making only a half batch. Growing up in a large family, I don't think I have ever made a half batch of anything. I have seldom made a single batch. It's always double or nothing. (And very seldom nothing!) This is also in part to the difficulty of dividing versus multiplying. What's half of 1 1/4? Who even knows where to locate the 1/8 measuring cup! It's probably long lost due to uselessness! Doubled is easy - measure 1 1/4 out, then do it again! :)
     By the way, best brownies ever. Food Network's Alton Brown's Cocoa Brownies with brown sugar and butter. I used a little less sugar and it tasted like dark chocolate! (MBH prefers milk chocolate, but can I help it if I halved the sugar wrong? I think I'll do it the same way next time. On purpose. In November, of course.) Fortunately for the diet, the grocery was closed by the time I got home from work, so we had to forego the ice cream. Fortunately for us, a little bird told me that my brothers plan to make homemade ice cream later this week - and we're invited. Pretty sure that's another special occasion. :)
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment