Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day Thirteen

I don't believe in the Fates - despite several compelling reasons to do so. For example, I go off the program for not even three days and now I have a cold sore, sore throat, earache, headache, neckache and nausea. One serving of ice cream and two iced mochas is asking for this much punishment? Instead of jumping back in with the eating plan and "crushing play" again today, I'm maxing out on echinachea and vitamin C and warming the couch while I wait for the aspirin to kick in. (I probably wouldn't have the earache except that I was trying to still be active, went swimming, and got water in my ears. Figures.)
     I was planning to do Kenpo like a good little girl, but out of spite (and complete lack of energy) I'm doing the weekly day of rest today, and Kenpo tomorrow. (Ironic how it's necessary to have a day of rest to recover from my days of rest!) The program is more like guidelines, anyway. (Pirates, again, of course!) My Better Half (MBH) has already substituted basketball and bike riding for a couple days of cardio. Does it sound like we're bailing on the plan all the time? Or just keeping it real?
     On a different track - With the portion approach to eating, you can pick when to eat your food groups, the main thing is that you eat them in their specified portions. So I'm thinking that I may try moving my carb portion from lunch to breakfast. I have this theory (one of many, about every subject under the sun!) that different people's bodies have different needs for food. My mom swears by eggs for a good morning start. When I eat protein first thing in the morning, I need an hour to recover. A small serving of carbs, on the other hand, gives me energy til lunchtime. MBH doesn't seem to need breakfast at all. (Although I originally believed that the description of a good wife included "Makes her husband a hearty breakfast every morning," I have come to realize that if he doesn't need breakfast, forcing it down his throat is overrated. And too much work first thing in the day!)
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment