Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another beginning

One of my New Year's resolutions was to start posting on here again. Already I feel behind. But, I reason, technically, today is the start of my new year because it's the first day that I go back to work. Til now it's been days of nothing but visiting family, sending Christmas cards, visiting friends, watching movies, greeting visitors, hanging with My Better Half (MBH), traveling for family, traveling for recreation, traveling for non-vocation responsibilities, and doing laundry from traveling.
     Now real life has come home to roost! Other resolutions -
Spiritually: renew daily time with God.
Emotionally: be more gracious.
Mentally: read beneficial books.
Physically: finally lose this weight even P90X didn't handle. :)

     So far, so good. I have my Bible and notebook out. MBH and I discussed an issue and settled it. (The decision wasn't the one I wanted, but I will keep my critical mouth shut this time.) I am halfway through "Six Hours One Friday" by Max Lucado. Today for breakfast I had plain fruit tea, two eggs, 1 1/2 slices of toast and I took my vitamins.
     And even though I know the jokes about New Year's resolutions, and the facts behind the jokes...I'm still in favor of them. Everyone needs places to start over, intersections in the road to plant a flag and say "I'm changing direction!"
     "From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, the new has come." -2 Corinthians 5:16-17

3 comments:

  1. Great new start :-)

    To avoid feeling behind, just figure out what is realistically/logically doable. I aim for every other day....or so. That gives me some leeway. Inevitably, there are unexplained breaks, but there's no need to lose conscience over that.

    Love the ending verse too.
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is this the kind of new year's resolution that you want accountability on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just so you know...totally kidding about my comment! :D Love reading your posts!...excited for more! : )

    ReplyDelete