Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day Fifty Nine

I have discovered a dangerous error in the P90X program. Not only can the actual exercises be hazardous to your health, so can the results of said training. For example, did Shoulders and Arms/Ab Ripper this morning. Spiffed up for work, drove into town. Stopped to get fuel, paid inside and added a raspberry tea to my total. (Tea is healthy, right? The lack of carbonation makes up for the sugar?) As I left the store, I was contemplating how much better my upper arms are looking. (P90X: Good for the body, bad for the character.) My healthy self-esteem was quickly rising to an unhealthy level. The sun was shining, I was dressed to impress, and my biceps said I could do it, too. Confident, eyes straight ahead, I swaggered to the car, slid in effortlessly and...
     Shut the door on my foot. Smooth. Very smooth. "Pride goes before a fall..."
~Stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment