Friday, October 27, 2017

Third time's a charm?

So I'm not going to bore you with the details,  but after a long side journey,  I'm back home and getting the writing itch again. We've moved (yes, again) and now have the best location of all - a peaceful acreage just a quick 8 minutes from town. Love it!

I've been contemplating joy a lot lately,  and this is one place I found it:
Ok, so that wasn't actually the photo I planned to post,  but it works too. You know what brings me joy? Family. I saw this product at Starbucks and immediately texted my brothers. The moon cheese had finally been harvested! We were big fans of Wallace and Grommit claymation movies, and the episode of rocker ship-ing to the moon instead of the grocery store was instantly added to sibling dialogue.

Family is by birth or choice - the word that started as describing a blood connection has expanded to include lifelong friends.  It implies commitment and acceptance and forgiveness, even tho forgetting isn't always possible or wise. I have been blessed with a biological family where I feel safe; others may find that security in a tight-knit community that looks very different. But whoever your "family" is, I hope they bring you joy. ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment